Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Elder Giles in Brazil

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 

Today is P Day again!. One of my good friends went home yesterday. It was very sad for everyone. It is very different here. I heard gunshots a few times last week, and again like 10 minutes ago. People are really nice though. I’m getting better at Portuguese. I will go to the field on Dec 13 but time is going so fast here, it’s crazy. I met that girl, who knows sign language the other day. I think I’ll be able to send pictures from the computer in a few weeks instead of having to mail you sim card. I have a lot of cool pictures of stuff here. MTC (CTM) here is really hard and we are busy from 6 am to 10:30 pm every day. I made some friends and stuff so I guess it’s not too bad here. The food is really different too. Sao Paulo is the biggest city in the world. From the airplane I could see how big it was. People drive like crazy here, and there are a lot of poor houses. Like there are entire city blocks of just crumbling buildings. I’m hearing a lot of stories about how poor the areas outside of Brasilia are. Someone told me that there are people with machetes (swords) and the scrape them against stuff when you get near them. Then they say " oi gringo give me your money" Ha Ha. That sounds really scary I hope I don’t get robbed too many times. Tell Joseph to make sure, he puts my email on my Facebook so I can talk to my friends. Portuguese sounds a lot like a Spanish Italian. I hope next week when I get on, my friends emailed me. Also is it snowing in Utah yet? 

 Love, Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment